Make a funny image about Tharsis and (maybe) win a physical mission patch!
The launch of Tharsis has been a really crazy time for us, and I mean that in the best way possible. While it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, the people who enjoy it seem to really enjoy it. This enjoyment has led to:
- Streams that last 5+ hours
- A ton of positive tweets
- People defending us in the comments section of negative reviews
- Some of the nicest emails we’ve ever received
- The creation of some really funny images (or “memes,” if you prefer)
We’d love to talk about all of these things (if only to stroke our own egos), but we’re going to just talk about that last bullet point for now. It’s been amazing to see all of the goofy pictures people have made about Tharsis, and we’d love to see even more of them. Although we could just politely ask for them on Twitter, we thought we’d do something a little more fun for everyone. That’s why we’ve gone ahead and devised a contest, which is maybe going to be the most lax contest ever held. The rules are as follows:
- Create a funny image and send it to email@example.com
- If we deem it to be one of the funniest, we’ll send you a physical Tharsis mission patch
- Make sure you send it by 9PM PST on January 29, 2016
That’s it. That’s all there is to it. A select batch of people will receive a rad patch (which cannot be purchased anywhere), and everyone who enters will have their image shared on our site.
There aren’t any guidelines in terms of structure or content. If you want to make it meme-like, you can totally do that. If you’d rather do something different, that’s fine as well. The sky’s the limit!
Here are some examples to get you started:
For some reason people who watch Tharsis streams think Allison deserves to be cannibalized